Dry Stone Wall Mason
Join us in renewing the dry stone wall of the greatest olive orchard in Dalmatia in the Vrana Lake Nature Park. Learn this traditional trade, master the technique and help rebuild the cultural and biological diversity of the Modrave olive orchards.
YOU WILL VISIT
IS THIS FOR ME?
Trip Style: Volunteer
Physical Demands: You’ll have to walk around on your own, climb some stairs and carry your own bag. Easy does it.
Duties and responsibilities
– renew dry stone walls – a layered construction set up of natural stones without the use of mortar
– learn and clean the vegetation which has overgrown the walls
– georeference the existing dry stone walls
– note down coordinates and photograph dry stone walls
– inform the public (visitors of the Park) of the renewal activities
– contribute to preserving the cultural heritage of the Park
From May to June and from September to October.
Accommodation is provided and is free of charge – Camp Kalebić offers a sanitary block but does not include tents which volunteers will have to provide by themselves. The living room area is in the open and includes a barbecue.
Food is free of charge, the Park will give the volunteers an allowance for groceries which the volunteers will buy and prepare for themselves.
Local transportation within the Park is provided – the Park will ensure transportation from the volunteers’ housing within the Park to the work place and to the nearest grocery store or bus station. Travel expenses of arrival to and departure from the Park have to be arranged by the volunteers themselves.
Price from 100 EUR pax/week